Saturday, January 20, 2007

Shopping in Bohol (Part II)



Island City Mall

ICM is the how we call the Island City Mall. It is the current favorite of the Boholanos here. The mall is new (on its 3rd year of operation yet) and is big with some specialty shops in it. It's got Chowking, KFC, Jolibee, National Bookstore, Kamiseta (one of my favorite shops), Freeway and others. The mall is located at Dao District, Tagbilaran City. The mall is just beside the Tagbilaran City Integrated Bus Terminal and Sattelite City Public Market and the Tagbilaran City hall is just around the next corner. To go to ICM from any point in the city, you can just take a taxi or a tricycle and tell the driver that you want to go to ICM.

My children loves to go to ICM to play computer games at Netopia. I also shop at their supermarket. I can only find my favorite Quaker Oats Old Fashioned at this supermarket. Well, the other basic and regular grocery items can be found there too.

The mall has a very spacious parking space. However, it's not covered and for sure cars get toasted during sunny days.

The mall also have four good movie houses. My family watch movies there.

Alturas Supermarket

We call the store simply "Alturas". It is located along B. Inting St, Tagbilaran City, just beside the forever unfinished Agora building. I used to shop at this store before the existence of Plaza Marcela and ICM. But now, I seldom go there anymore though. One reason that I don't go there anymore is the small underground parking space which is obviously always full. Although I still want to go there to reminisce.


A lot still go to Alturas. The store is very conveniently located.

Shoppers Mart

It is also located at the heart of Tagbilaran City. The store carries basic grocery items and it's always crowded. I seldom go there but when I need to buy boxes of fruits (grapes, oranges, pears, apples and others) I go to Shoppers Mart. The store sells these fruits cheaper than those sold at other stores. And sometimes, I get to find good bargain items there too.

One reason that I don't go to this store regularly is that there is no parking lot for its customers.

Well, this blog is just a general overview about shopping here in Bohol. I may post more blogs about this topic soon.

See yah next time!

No comments: