Saturday, March 03, 2007

Election Fever

The election fever has started to contaminate the scene in Bohol. National candidates has started coming in to Bohol to campaign and sell themselves to the Boholanos. Tol Defensor was already here. His campaign poster is seen everywhere. He was at our school the other Saturday, but I missed to meet/see him.

And of course, not to be missed mentioning if our fellow Boholano - Cesar Montano, who is trying his bid for a senate seat. I admire Cesar for his being vocal and proud that he is a Boholano. I wish him good luck though. A Bohol newspaper came out with an editorial about Cesar Montano.

I noticed that recently, there has been private planes flying into Tagbilaran City too. Maybe they brought in those politicians who wants to woo the Boholano votes. But it's still very far from the election date and the election fever hasn't reached it highest temperature yet.

In the local scene, I heard from my dad that the administration ticket has already completed their candidate line-up, except for mayor for two municipalities.

I have been exposed to this campaign fever since I gained consiousness into this world. Things like this is no longer strange to me and it has been part of my life, with my family. The 2007 election will just be another chapter. This would mean getting involved in the campaign trail for my mom who is seeking re-election for Bohol provincial board member of the second district. I promised myself that this time, I will not tie myself to be a home-based campaign coordinator but instead a field-campaigner. I want to be with my mom as much as possible so I will also experience more on the field campaign. Who knows? Someday, I might be going out to campaign for my own candidacy.

No comments: